Monday, January 21, 2013

Who the Fuck Still Reads The Raging Hobbit?


Wow, it's my first time logging into The Raging Hobbit since, well, March 2012.  Ok, that's not too bad.  I've left behind a legacy of broken promises.  Sunday rants?  Yeah, didn't do that.  Annual Christmas rant?  Yeah, didn't do that.  Updating the blog at all in any way?  Pshhh.  I feel like I should apologize or something, but the thing is...

Nobody fucking reads this blog.

Who am I again?  Rant?  That's my pseudonym?  Who's the other guy again?  I'm not even sure if he remembers the password.  It took me a few tries to get it right.

I feel like I'm blogging at a brick wall.

Reflection time.  I'm looking at my old blog posts.  Shitty here, shitty there. Interesting here, funny there, shitty there.  As a year-older version of myself a year ago, this blog seems like a mixed bag, a lot of hit and miss topics, a lot of beating daed horses.  Some quality content.  Not much though.  Anyway, that's my critique of my own blog.  Maybe in a few years I'll do it again.

Holy shit, 23 followers.  That's about as many people as you can fit in my attic, if you really pack them tight.  It's a fair amount of people for such a mediocre blog, I guess.  But how many of them actually read the blog?  Who are they?  How did they find out about us?  I seem to remember our readers being mostly people I know personally, a few randoms, and a bunch of asians.  Remember the  2011 asian invasion?  Of course you don't- you don't read this blog.  In fact, you aren't even reading this right now.

What is the point of this post?  Why am I taking my time to write to people who aren't going to read this?  Am I trying to reboot the blog?  Of course not, I don't have any fucking time to write this blog.  Maybe I'll just turn it into a watered-down, simplified version of what it was before.

Why is there a tiger with Down Syndrome attached to this post?  is it because I always attach picture to my posts, even if its totally unnecessary?  

I used to make money from this blog?  Holy shit, I just remembered that.  That explains the shitty google ads on the side.

Wait, where are the ads?  Did my adsense account get shut down because my blog sucked too much?  Or was it because out of the zero readers we have, zero of them clicked on the ads?

Fuck, I have to fix that.  I think I actually made money from this once.

-rant  (is that how I do it?)




No comments:

Post a Comment