Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Raging Hobbit Growth II- Raging Hobbit Slogan

So, after redesigning the Raging Hobbit header for the trillionth time, I decided that we needed a slogan.  Something short and simple.  Like "I'm lovin' it", or "think outside the bun".  Originally, our slogan was "where the conversation ends", which I thought was pretty good, but not enough people got that it was a play on the New York Times's slogan, "where the conversation begins", so it came of as douchey and pretentious.  Here are a few I came up with off the top of my head.  Your recommendation does not have to be on this list.

"Read our blog or else you're an asshole"
"Official blog of fuck everything"
"Seriously, fuck you."
"We're better than sex"
"We complain so that you don't have to"

I'm kinda leaning towards the last one. I'm trying not to pick a slogan that advertising our blog and being a whiny bunch of assholes posting about things we hate all the time, because we aren't.  Only most of the time.  A really shitty slogan drives people away from the site, but I've gotta say, if I run into a website that has a slogan like "You are a fucking piece of shit", it kinda makes me want to keep reading.  Its that gripping language.  But I'd rather go for something more subtle.  Like "You're probably a fucking piece of shit, but I still want you to read my blog".  Actually, that sounds a lot less subtle than the first one.  See, this is why I need your help!  I can't do this on my own!  The only dilemma that I am currently having is that I'm striving to get more readers, but I don't have any readers to help me find out how to get more readers!  Thats why if YOU, yes you, reading this post, leave a little comment or note as to a great slogan, that would help me out an awful lot!  Where are you, all you stumblers? Come on, you omeggling asians!  Are you still there, or did you all unsubscribe after my last post?  Fire Cat.


...rant

No comments:

Post a Comment