Monday, January 11, 2010

Wheelchairs and Ethnic Kids




Usually I start a post with some stupid intro thing or random thing I want to say. Not this time. I will just jump right into the topic. I hate in my spanish textbook all the problems they give. This goes for geometry, too. Its just, the word problems. The peoples names are always exotic ethnic names like Figi or Rauoco. What happened to Dick and Jane? And the people are always doing something completely mundane thing that no one does anymore. Figi and Rauoco collect leaves and press them into books. Figi and Rouoco collect stamps. Figi and Rauoco are trading bubble gum cards. I hate especially when they have pictures of kids in textbooks. They are always either a minority or they're on a wheelchair. At least if they're on a wheelchair, make the question be related to it somehow (i.e. Rauoco was counting the fractures in his leg..). Actually, the majority of people aren't minorities. If you were smart, I wouldn't have to say that. The problem is that if a sensitive minority parent sees to many white kids in a textbook, they're all like, make that kid Indian! Or if he's white, at least break his legs and put him on a wheelchair! So they do this so much, to the point where it loses its purpose. I have no problem with seeing minorities in a textbook, but really. Another problem is that the people who write the books usually aren't minorities, they make up ethnic names that sound more racist than realistic. And another problem is that the people who write these books are old and they make the kids do dumb things they did when they were a kid that no one does anymore. We should have problems that would look like this- Dick and Jane were playing mw2.. or Dick and Jane were blogging.. I bet that's what the next generation of textbook will look like when people my age are writing them. Well I suppose the things we do might be outdated by then anyway..well you know what? We should just not have word problems! They piss me off anyway! Ok, so what is happening to Hobbit Spawn? "Check This Shiz Out" got deleted by the author, "Q-ing" mysteriously left the world of internet, and "I Hate Etc. Etc." went to war with us! I think some outside force is slowly killing Hobbit Spawn and is on its way to kill The Raging Hobbit. That may be another reason I made this blog private. Anyway, Rage still hasn't posted. But he HAS complained about my making this blog private. I already gave you a million reasons why I made this blog private. Another one is that some followers were complaining that they didn't want their name on the internets. Slowly I will list reasons why we went private once more........stupid people.....privacy....outside blog assassin forces...annoying spoiled enthusiasts. Bye.

...Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment