Thursday, October 8, 2009

Facebook



I know that I have mentioned Facebook and briefly ranted about it on some of my posts, but since Facebook is a very popular thing nowadays, I think it deserves its own post. There are good and bad things about Facebook, but I'm just going to pick out the bad things because that's just what I do. One bad thing about Facebook is the way it keeps changing. I still think the news feed is out of whack and hard to read. Groups are also stupid, I hate them. Facebook groups are inferior to fan pages, just DEAL with it. Can a group post links and photos to the news feed? Nooo. They have to send Facebook Emails that no one reads. Can a group make statuses and interact with the members? Nooo. They have these little discussion things that no one knows about, and people who start discussions like "LAST POST WINS!" Fan pages are awesome, I just love them. I have a fan page for The Raging Hobbit, which has generated more readers then I could imagine. One thing I ....ok. I just got off the phone with Rage, apparently he is not quitting, he was just trying to be noticed like the poor loser he is. As for the fan mail post, it was written by someone I went to school with that I don't know too well, who hacked Rage's computer. Rage should post soon...ANYWAY, something I wanted to mention that you were probably wondering about is the picture below. I made the unfortunante mistake of posting as my status "LAST COMMENT WINS" like the idiot I am. Well, you think 126 is a big number, there are over 200 now. There should be an option to disable comments and "liking". For example, If I posted something that I didn't want people to like, I should at least be able to remove the like. I can remove comments, but not likes. Remember Marshall Sandoval from the bar mitzvah post? Yea..thats the same guy. NOTE- I fuzzy-wuzzied out my name and picture to keep my identity secret. Another thing about the whole "liking" thing, WHERE IS THAT DISLIKE BUTTON? Once I saw someone with the status "sooo much homework" and 2 people LIKED it, just to show agreement, not liking the mass amounts of homework that day. That is why they need dislike button, because the "like" button is losing it's meaning. One last note, yes, I edited that picture above. Another note, as I notice more flaws with Facebook, I may or may not update this note more.
...RANT

2 comments:

  1. lol. I'm gunna look for that post and then like it and comment on it. mwhahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do that and you will not wake up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete