Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nothing Ruins a Great Song Like An Awful Music Video.


Ever listened to a really good song and find out that it has a really bad music video? Of course you have, just about everyone has. The first time I heard "Good Girls Go Bad" by Cobra Starship, I kind of liked it, even though it generally isn't my type of music. Then I saw the video, obviously that guy doesn't realize that his annoying hand motions and his facial expressions make this video painful to watch. Now every time I hear the song, I think of this guy shaking and waving his hands all weird and smiling weirdly, kind of like Pennywise on LSD. There are a lot of videos I can name that are like that, but this was the best example I could think of off the top of my head. Right now I think that I should talk about inside jokes. Don't you hate them? Or..just when other people use inside jokes and refuse to explain them just because you weren't "there"? Is there a law that says that funny events cannot be shared unless you saw it happen? OK, I admit, I say the occasional inside joke on the blog, you know, pumpkins, Asians, OK, they are funny, but if someone asks about it I would tell them where it came from, I wouldn't just ignore them or tell them they weren't there.. Well this is going to be a short post, because I have to leave soon to go to the world series game, but I feel like I should mention something else. If you dare egg my house tomorrow night, keep in mind that I am waiting for you at the front of my house with an Airsoft gun. Oh, and also, if you try to egg my house carrying an Airsoft gun, I will call my army of 400 hiding behind various trees in my yard, who are armed. Don't even try.

...Rant

2 comments: