Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stray Thoughts on April Fools Day




I personally love April Fools day. I love the idea of a day completely devoted to pranking people, and no one will care. My problem is those few people who can't take a joke. I thought it would be hilarious to poke holes in the bottom of the cups in the cafeteria, but a certain unnamed teacher did not think it was so funny, but since its April Fools day, it saved my ass. Another thing that can happen on April Fools day that I hate, are peoples lame attempts at a joke/prank. See example below.

Person 1: You have a spider on your back!

Person 2: I'm not retarded, go away.

*person 1 stills tries to run the joke*

Person 1: No really!

Person 2: DIE

Person 1: Really its this huge spider on your back

*annoyed person 2 checks back*

Person 1: April Fools! You fail!

Person 2: I ONLY CHECKED MY BACK SO YOU WOULD SHUT THE F*CK UP!

See, its not a prank if you TELL the person to fall for it after they already realize its a joke. If someone says that they know its a prank, don't try to keep pulling it off. Another thing about April Fools day is that its MUCH harder to pull a prank, because everyone is expecting it. The thing is, the ONLY reason I like April Fools day is because most people don't care when you prank them. But if people were just generally less sensitive, we wouldn't need this day, and it would be easier to pull off a good joke.

...Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment