Saturday, April 10, 2010

Toxic Cars and Cancer Babies


Have you ever been in a car, like inside of one, with leather seats? The whole car has this smell that makes you nauseated. I don't know if its like the chemicals they use in the seat or whatever, but it makes me want to throw up, and I get carsickness as SOON as I get in the car. I will never buy a car with leather seats. Although, all of the best cars have leather seats. I might just have to keep the window open whenever I'm in the car, or wear a gas mask or something. When I'm in a car for a few hours, the last thing I want is to breath in fumes and be sick the whole time. A Maybach, I could use one of those. Lets see what Wikipedia has to say.

Both the scent and what produces it vary somewhat in different kinds of cars. Most of the interior of an automobile consists of plastic held together with a number ofadhesives and sealers. When the car is first manufactured, these materials are left slightly unstable, and continue to release volatile organic compounds into the air afterward (cf. outgassing). These fumes may also come from phthalates and other plastic-softening chemicals (plasticizers) that evaporate (or outgas) over time.

Scientists who have studied the chemicals released recommend keeping new cars well ventilated while driving, especially during the summer. A 1995 analysis[1] of the air from a new Lincoln Continental found over 50 volatile organic compounds, which were identified as coming from sources such as cleaning and lubricatingcompounds, paint, carpeting, leather and vinyl treatments, latex glue, and gasoline and exhaust fumes. An analysis two months after the initial one found a significant reduction in the chemicals. The researchers observed that the potential toxicity of many of these compounds could pose a danger to human health.


Now although I have no idea what the hell that meant, I did get one part, many of these compounds may pose a danger to human health. SEE? Not only does it smell like burning plastic, but it can kill you! MINDF*CK! Further investigation on Wikipedia-

A two-year study[4] released in 2001 by the CSIRO in Australia found several health problems associated with these chemicals. CSIRO research scientist, Dr Stephen Brown, reported anecdotal accounts of disorientation, headache, and irritation in some drivers of new cars. He measured pollutant levels in new cars that were sufficient to cause similar effects within minutes in controlled experiments by other researchers. Chemicals found in the cars included the carcinogen benzene, two other possible carcinogens cyclohexanone and styrene, and several other toxic chemicals.

SEE? Disorientation and headache! If you're disoriented while driving, that doesn't add up too well! DEATH! Now here's the kicker, remember the 6 month science project that I blamed on my two month Raging Hobbit absence? As much as the project wants to make me dissect my eyeball via potato peeler, I actually learned something from it! In that wikipedia entry above, it says the fumes contain carcinogen benzene! I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! A carcinogen means it gives you cancer! HA! Benzene also kills you! OK, WIKIPEDIA, no matter how much Mercedes paid you to not mention that the seats kill you, YOU HEARD IT FROM RANT. Now you know the truth behind leather car seats! Benzene, cancer, and under-the-influence-of-leather-car-seat-fumes-therefore-resulting-in-being-disoriented-and-crashing-your-car-and-dying! Do yourself a favor and wear a gas mask before entering your leather seated car! Now off to another brief topic, so I was bored in the middle of writing this post, so I browsed through various infant T-shirts. IDK WHY. So I came across one particular baby T-shirt that said "FUCK CANCER!" on it. So this would be mildly hilarious, but, on a baby shirt? Really? Imagine me this, a mother is looking though her old treasures, and she runs across her daughter's old baby clothes. She shows it to her daughter. "AWWW this is what you wore when you were a baby". "Awwwww, mom, it says FUCK CANCER!" Whats next? What would I do if I saw my friends kid wearing a FUCK CANCER shirt? I would probably fake a laugh and avoid them at all costs. There are a lot of dumb baby shirts. I see a lot of baby shit at spencers. You know why? Because every teen girl that buys slutty shit there gets raped and has a baby. cause and effect. No one buys these baby shirts. Thank god, too, I never wanted to beat up a baby.

...Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment