Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where's the Snow?


Ok, so it's well into December, and I only have had one snowfall, which was kind of a mix of snow, rain, and sleet. In other words, it was unpleasant. What I want is a huge snowfall, like the ones where it's hard to walk and your knees get stuck. I want to make my annual snowman victim, the one I put at the bottom of my sledding hill and I try to aim for it with my toboggan. It usually ends with a minor case of freezer burn/half destroyed snowmen. Its incredible. Winter is one thing I probably will never grow out of, sledding and building things out of snow. Well, until I run into a tree with my toboggan, then I consider retiring from childhood. Well, as I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted by my train of thought, we haven't had a decent snowfall, and all I can say is that there had BETTER be snow on Christmas break, because that's my quality snow time. The weekends just don't cut it. Of course, along with the pleasures of Christmas, there are some difficulties. Like what do I buy people for Christmas? Ok, I have already decided to get my cat some catnip. That's the easy part, but what do I get for Father Rant? I can't afford expensive watches or cars, and I really don't know that many things that Father Rant likes. Ok, cooking, biking, cars, and expensive watches. He probably has every cooking utensil in the world, he doesn't need anymore. The only things he needs for his bike are things I didn't even know exists. Also, I need to make a million cookies. Well another thing I'm going to talk about is my Thursday experience. When I was on the bus going to school, the other people on the bus were yelling and screaming, and, being AWAKE, while I was trying to sleep peacefully. I think there should be a law saying you can't talk on public transportation until 8:00, when you can talk quietly. But this wasn't just yelling, it was some serious screaming. I don't know, I think one kid said something mildly funny, and some other kids thought it was hilarious, and kept repeating it and laughing, and the laughing turned to a yelling and laughing and punching kind of thing. This drove me off the deep end, and I pulled my "Rant-is-ticked-so-shut-up-or-there-will-be-blood" thing. I yawned really loudly, and loudly explained to a person next to me how tired I was, and what a shame it was that I couldn't sleep. And I made sure that those kids heard me, I practicality had to beat them on the head and tell them to listen to what I was saying. Needless to say, I got no sleep on the bus this morning, tomorrow will be different, because it is Friday. There are two reasons this could change the outcomes. I am more tolerant or kids doing stupid things when I have something to look forward to, the weekend. Also, Friday is a partial dress down day, and I believe they will be taken aback by my radiant, statuesque attire. Not to be boastful, or anything. Well enjoy your rest-of-Thursday. And remember who is watching you from above, remember, it's that time of year.

...Rant...14 DAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment