Sunday, November 15, 2009

Libraries


Ok, I went to a library to get some info on my report, and I didn't find a book. Not only that, but I had an unusual experience. let me just first say, you see the weirdest people in libraries. Whether it's the homeless lunatic or the bearded lady, you always see someone in a library thats just a little offbeat. When I was taking the elevator to the second floor because the staircase smells really bad, I frantically pressed the "door close" button so this creepy lady wouldn't be able to ride in the same elevator as me. If you've had any experience with elevators, you would know that no matter how many time you press the "door close" button, nothing happens. SO I was forced to take the elevator with a creepy lady and a guy who smelled really bad. Another thing about libraries is that the computers they have to find books don't help at all. They take a really long time to load, and then they tell you a book is "in stock", "available", or 30 different ways of telliong you that the bok is in the library. Then it turns out that "in stock" means the book isn't here, "available means the book is here" and the 30 other ways mean something totally different. When you finally decode the library language and look for your book, you have to figure out the Dewey Decimal System that nobody except librarians understands. When you finally get to where your book SHOULD be, it isn't there. Oh, and of course, how could I forget. The kids using the computers for doing their stupid kid stuff, and you need the computer to work on your project or find a book. Not only that, kids don't know what "peaceful" means, so they have the kid pix theme song playing at near top volume, and of course, their lousy parents aren't doing a thing. Now it's time to leave the library. The creepy librarian always glares at you when you don't check out a book. She also glares at you if you DO check out a book. She just glares all the time. Thats all I have to say about libraries right now.

...Rant

1 comment:

  1. this counts as a sunday morning rant. Even though its not in the title.

    ReplyDelete